As soon as my mother announced she'd be taking a trip over to Canada for work, I began busily planning all the wondrous beauty items I could pick up. Now that she's home again, I am delighted to announced that I have a mighty haul to share!
Starting with drugstore, Nyx was the one stop she needed to make. I picked up a few things including: the matte bronzer in light, HD concealer (which I haven't found anywhere in AUS yet) in porcelain and two retractable lipliners in the shades natural and nude pink.
Next stop Sephora. I was dying to try some of the Anastasia Beverly Hills liquid lipsticks and it showed as the stocks on the shelves were low. The shade I ended up with is Stripped which is from her latest spring launch. It's a gorgeous warm toned nude and the formula is to die for! A lot more comfortable to wear than some other brands I've tried and has really good lasting power.
To compare, I picked up the new Too Faced Melted Matte Liquefied Longwear Lipstick in the shade Child Star. I've heard a lot of mixed reviews about this product and people saying it was patchy and didn't last however I have to disagree. I am yet to put this through the tests but so far I've had no patchiness or flakiness!
Continuing on the Liquid lipstick theme (can you tell I'm a lip girl?) I picked up two shades of the Kat Von D liquid lipsticks (Lolita & Double Dare). Lolita is described as a chestnut rose and Double dare as a cocoa blush. The length of the wands on these are insane! When I first tested it out I felt so awkward trying to apply them. For some reason they've come out a little patchy on the swatches on my arm but I didn't notice this when I applied them to my lips? I'll keep you posted on my thoughts of these.
Another product with very mixed reviews is the new Urban Decay Beach Bronzer in Bronzed. I haven't played around with this one too much yet but I will say that this bronzer is extremely pigmented! Use a light hand to avoid looking like an oompa loompa...unless you were going for that look.
The Tarte Tartelette in Bloom palette was another must have lust item for me. These shades look so stunning and has a really good mix of mattes and shimmers. I've been thinking about getting this palette ever since it launched and I'm so glad I finally made the leap to pick it up.
Finally from Sephora, is the Anastasia Beverly Hills Glow kit in the shade Gleam. I already own one of the single highlighter pans (Review here) so had an idea of the formula I'd be getting but this is absolutely stunning. If you're looking for a strong, wet looking highlight, then I'd definitely recommend picking this up. Full review coming soon.
Lastly MAC. Australians will know that MAC prices here are exorbitant and that you're always better to stock up in the US/Canada when you're there. First up I wanted to try the mineralise skinfinish natural in light as my current Napoleon Perdis camera finish powder is almost empty. I've heard really good reviews about this product and I'm yet to fault it. It's a good light coverage powder that isn't cakey, which is exactly what I was after.
I also picked up my first ever mac eyeshadows. I grabbed the burgundy x9 palette as I've been really into plum shades lately and this palette looked perfect for travelling. Then I picked up MAC Nylon purely because Jaclyn Hill said she liked it (yes, I gave in to youtube marketing).
For Lips I managed to contain myself (finally) unlike last haul. I picked up boldy bare lip liner as well as two matte lipsticks in the shades Please me and Mehr. I also grabbed a replacement of the prolongwear concealer in the shade NW15 as I smashed the bottle of my last one (oops).
Check out what I picked up at my last MAC haul here
Hope you enjoyed! Have you tried any of these products? Which is your favourite? Let me know in the comments!
All theses make up seem pretty amazing. I'm a big fan of too faced.
ReplyDeletexx,
Margot
https://troughthepasturesofthesky.wordpress.com/
thankyou! You're right, Too Faced is amazing! xx
Delete