I have a confession to make: If you couldn't tell from almost all of my beauty posts, I am officially addicted to highlighter, Two of my absolute favourites being Becca's pressed shimmering skin perfector in the shades Moonstone and Champagne Pop.
Since Becca's products fall into the more high end category (both retail for $60 AUD each) this post is aimed at narrowing down those choices to find the best product for you.
Formula:Both Moonstone and Champagne pop have the same soft, buttery formula and glide onto the skin effortlessly. Both are also insanely pigmented so be sure to use a light hand with these as a little really does go a long way (also don't accidentally put your nails in them like I did...)
Shade:Moonstone is described as a pale gold and I would say it is more of a white gold. Unlike Champagne pop, Moonstone gives more of a sheen rather than a sparkle. I think it's perfect for everyday use as it can be quite subtle (if you go gently) and is perfect for those who are super pale (me) and find that a lot of other highlighting powders are too dark. The only downside to this shade I would say is that if you have a deeper skin tone this shade could look chalky because it is so ligth. Champagne Pop is more peachy -golden and has tons of shimmers throughout. Even though it is shimmery, I don't find it chunky or cakey looking on the skin. It's universally flattering and very intense so if you're going for a glammed up look, this shade is perfect.
Price/Size: There is no price or size difference between moonstone and champagne pop ($60 AUD for an 8g pan) the only thing is these products can be a little hard to get your hands on as they do sell out frequently. Champagne pop was released as a limited edition shade in collaboration with Jaclyn Hill but due to the popularity has since become permanent (yay!).
Top: Moonstone, Bottom: Champagne Pop
Overall I love both of these shades and think that Becca has done a fantastic job in terms of formula and pigmentation. If you were to ask me to choose between them I honestly don't think I could, I use both religiously and they are my most used highlights. I have more photos and a single review of champagne pop here.
Which is your favourite? Let me know in the comments!