I've recently become a real brush hoarder lately, mostly due to having no self control but also because I keep telling myself that a workman can do great things if given the right tools. Within this bunch, I definitely have my favourite picks and I'm sharing this post to take the hard work out of those who are just starting up with brushes, or would like to see my absolute holy grails in my collection.
Sigma F40 Large angled Contour brush: This is by far my number one most used and most loved brush I own, so much so that I've been on the hunt to see if another brand can do one just as good (I'm yet to find one). Let's just say that if my whole brush collection got burned in a fire and I could only save one, it would be this little baby. I love it because it has such a multitude of uses and saves so much time with my daily makeup. This brush just works for so many different powder product applications; setting powder, bronzer, blush, highlight, you name it. It's also great for dusting away excess powder after baking. If you are up there in the list of lazy people in the world and love to minimise your end-of-week (or should I say end-of-fortnight) brush washing, this brush does also work with liquids (I've tried and tested) but it's natural fibre bristles are definitely more suited to powder products.
Zoeva 322 Brow Line Brush: This is my secret to great eyebrows. I love the shape of this brush. It's the perfect mix of thin and firm that allows a sharp tail and strong arch. It's also great at applying gel eyeliner although I usually prefer something a little smaller. A good secret behind-the-scenes tip with this brush is to use it to clean up your wing. Dip in some micellar water or makeup remover and run it along the edge of the wing to create a clean, sharp wing that no one will mess with.
Zoeva 221 Luxe Soft Crease brush: I did already mention this brush in a favourites a few months back however as being my most used eye brush, I thought it was only fair to it mention here as well. The thing I love most about this brush is the shape. It's not too big that it diffuses shadow everywhere and not too small that you get tired before you're done blending. The perfect size also adds to it's multipurpose ability, allowing both diffuse and precision work meaning that I can complete an entire eye look using only this one brush.
Overall, these brushes are my ride or dies, and am proud to say that if needed, I can complete an entire full face look using only these three brushes!
What are your favourite brushes? I'd love to hear your recommendations in the comments!