I've been seeing choker necklaces everywhere lately but whenever I went looking to pick one up I couldn't justify absurd prices (e.g. here & here) for a piece of fashionable string. Enter: DIY mode; The $7 black faux suede choker.
Materials:
1.8m x 3mm Black faux suede trim (or real suede if you're feeling fancy), I picked mine up here
Malleable wire - I found some lying around at home however try your local craft store for some
Metal Skewer (roughly the same thickness as the faux trim
Scissors/Wire cutters
Method:
Wind the wire around the metal skewer until you have coiled about 3cm. Cut and repeat. You should end up with two identical spring looking 'beads'
Thread onto each end of your trim and knot at the base
Done! Super Quick, easy and cheap! The wire gives the necklace some weight and drape and provides a little bit of bling.