9/10 times you will see me without anything on my nails. I love the vast variety of colours and looks available but whenever I wear nail polish I either; smudge it before it's dry, get it everywhere except my fingernails or if I finally get a good application and let it dry (without smudging), it chips after a day or two. Pretty much, I'm a terrible nail polish amateur.
However I was scanning through my instagram one morning (@jessleonh_ ) and stumbled across a photo of the most vibrant blue Chanel nail polish. Once deciding I wasn't going to go and impulse buy a nail polish that was going to be used once and forgotten in my cupboard, I went on a dupe hunt and found the Sally Hanson Miracle Gel Polish in the shade 360 Tidal Wave. The thing that made it even better? I found it half price here!
The Sally Hansen miracle gel polishes claim to be gel manicures in a bottle, minus the uv light cure and removal difficulty. You do need to purchase the matching gel top coat to give these polishes their shine and staying power which does bump up the cost a little, but both the gel polish and the top coat were still cheaper than the price of one Chanel nail polish so I wasn't too fussed.
Application: 4/5. I found the formula pretty opaque from just one coat but did apply two just because I really wanted that vibrancy from the colour. The brush is not quite as wide as those of the essie polishes, however isn't bad and covers a decent area.
Longevity: 5/5: The staying power of this polish is amazing. I've been wearing this shade for 7 days so far and have packed and moved boxes because my boyfriend is moving houses, worked in a hardware store for 4 days, lifting and moving mulch around, been out for a night on the town and still this polish doesn't budge. Any other polish I've used doesn't survive longer than a day at work. (Update: I did start to get some chips happening around day 8)
Drying time: 3/5: This is probably the only thing about this polish that isn't quite as good. It does take a little while to dry. I waited about 5 minutes between coats which isn't so bad but I did have to wait a good 25 mins or so for the top coat to dry down completely and before I was comfortable to go and do other things with my hands.
Price: Chanel vibrato retails for $39 here in Australia and the Sally Hanson Miracle Gel polish retails for $16.95 full price each and the top coat is also the same price.
As for the comparison between the Chanel #665 Vibrato and the Sally Hanson Gel Polish in 360 Tidal Wave, I can sadly only base my findings from photos I've seen as I do not own the Chanel polish itself. The lovely Georgia Grace from Bygeorgiagrace has kindly allowed me to use some photos she took to use for your comparison viewing. Let your eyes be the judge!
Chanel #665 Vibrato swatch direct sun
Chanel #665 Vibrato swatch shade
How close of a dupe do you think these two colours are? Have you tried either or both of these polishes? Let me know your thoughts below.
Disclaimer: I am in no way sponsored by, or affiliated with any of the brands mentioned in this post.