Smoky New Years Eve Makeup: Zoeva Cocoa Blend Palette

/
0 Comments
Zoeva, Zoeva cocoa blend palette, xobeauty lashes, zoeva eyeshadow, zoeva brushes



Hi guys here's a full faced dark smoky look that is perfect for NYE! inspired by the Zoeva Cocoa Blend Palette!! If you're looking to purchase the palette, I bought mine from Beauty Bay.





Base: 

After moisturising, I applied the Garnier perfect blur smoothing base protector to hide some large pores and overall smooth out my skin. Then I used my MAC studio fix fluid foundation (I'm in the shade NW10...the lightest shade) because I wanted a good high coverage foundation that is guaranteed to last. I do find that this foundation never quite applies well without applying a primer and/or moisturiser beforehand so keep that in mind. For concealer I used Maybelline's Fit me concealer in the shade 15 Fair (again the lightest shade available). This concealer seems to be my current go to concealer, it's hydrating but still gives very good coverage for a small price tag! Then I set everything down with a mix of the banana and the light shade from the Australis AC on tour kit.





Cheeks: 

Contour/Bronzer: For my contour/bronzer I went for a classic chiselled look using Benefit's Hoola bronzer. I love this colour as it's not too orange and doesn't look muddy on the skin. It also comes with a Nars ita-like brush which I think is fantastic.

Highlight/Blush: I then swept MAC's mineralised skin finish in soft and gentle to highlight my cheeks and brow bone and used a small amount of the Sleek blush in rose gold to give some colour back to my face.



Brows: 

Honestly just used my classic ride or die brow routine using the Zoeva 322 brow line brush and the sigma brow powder in medium brown to fill in my brows. I find this the quickest and easiest way to quickly get them on fleek. I did recently switched up my brow gel from the maybelline one to see whether there was much difference between the brands but I find them both very similar. The Loreal brow plumper does have fibres whereas the maybelline one doesn't but in all honesty I don't think the fibres make that much of a difference unless your brows are very sparse. 

Zoeva, Zoeva cocoa blend palette, xobeauty lashes, zoeva eyeshadow, zoeva brushes

Zoeva, Zoeva cocoa blend palette, zoeva eyeshadow, zoeva brushes

Eyes: 

Eyeshadow: Finally now onto the good part. First I primed my eyes with the MAC paintpot in painterly then used a mix between substitute for love and freshly toasted from the Zoeva Cocoa Blend palette in the crease to create a good medium for blending. Then I took the shade infusion on a fluffy brush starting in the crease in windshield wiper motions and working my way down onto the lid. To deepen up the look I took the shade beans are white on the same brush and worked it into the outer corner. At this point I wasn't quite happy with the result; there wasn't much gradient for a smoky eye and I kind of looked like someone had given me a black eye. To give some more contrast, I then grabbed my Nyx jumbo eye pencil in milk and popped that towards the centre of the lid, layering the shade sweeter end over the top to blend. For my lower lash line I used a combination of infusion and sweeter end to match the smoky look on the upper lid.


Eyeliner: To create my winged liner I used the Stila stay all day black liquid liner because it is the blackest and longest lasting eyeliner I know and own. I also lined my lower water line and tightlined my upper lash line with a rimmel black kohl liner.

Mascara: For mascara I threw on my current favourite mascara by maxfactor on both my upper and lower lashes to give me some length and volume.


False Lashes: I don't usually wear lashes (mostly because I'm just terrible and can't get them to sit right) but this time I decided they were needed so threw on the glamorista xobeauty lashes and used and eyelash curler to help combine them with my real lashes. I really love how false lashes draws attention to your eyes and makes them look 10000x better.


delicate acidity, infusion, freshly toasted, substitute for love, pure ganache, beans are white, subtle blend, warm notes, sweeter end, bitter start, zoeva cocoa blend palette,zoeva eyeshadow, zoeva
From top to bottom: delicate acidity, infusion, freshly toasted, substitute for love, pure ganache, beans are white, subtle blend, warm notes, sweeter end, bitter start

Lips: 

Lipliner: MAC stripdown. I used this to make the liquid lipstick I used a little less pink and turn it into a perfect nude.

Lipstick: Australis velourlips in Hon-o-loo-loo. I purchased this recently in my latest Drugstore makeup haul. A stunning nude long lasting, drugstore liquid lipstick, need I say more? 

A quick spritz of MAC fix+ And that's it!!

Overall I'm quite impressed with this palette. I feel the shimmery shades are a lot more pigmented than the mattes and as a result do take a little more time to work in. It surprised me when I swatched these on my arm because they don't look like anything special (except for pure ganache which seems to stand out like a diamond from the crowd) and they definitely come up better when you apply them to your eye. My favourite colours in this palette are pure ganache and warm notes but I also like the combination of freshly toasted an substitute for love as a daytime look. I don't think the quality of the eyeshadow quite meets something like MAC but it's certainly not bad and considering I bought the entire palette (10 shades) for cheaper than the price of one MAC eyeshadow I'm hardly complaining.

Have you tried any Zoeva products? Let me know your thoughts in the comments!





Disclaimer: I am in no way sponsored by, or affiliated with any of the brands mentioned in this post.


You may also like

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.