Recently I picked up some goodies to try out from ColourPop cosmetics after hearing that they’d been dubbed as the budget Kylie lip kit.
After almost a year of dreaming, browsing and making wish lists, I finally decided to take the leap and make an order from the ColourPop website. Side note: If you’ve ever had to ship anything from the United States to Australia you’d understand that shipping prices can get pretty crazy and even though ColourPop is dirt cheap, I could never justify the exorbitant shipping prices that came along with making an order.
Ultra Satin lips: I picked up the shade Littlestitious in search of the perfect daily nude liquid lip. The formula is comfortable, no drying and long wearing. I do find though that if I don’t prep my lips properly it separates when I apply it which is a little annoying.
Ultra Matte Lips: I picked up the shades Trap (a super wearable 'greige' that doesn't make me look dead when matched with my pale skin), Midi (a soft neutral beige) and Clueless (a gorgeous dusty mauve pink). The formula is surprisingly light (like the Kylie lip kit's) and almost feels as though you have nothing on your lips. Some people would find this formula drying, however I don't find it uncomfortable to wear and believe that matte lips in general should be expected to be drier by nature.
Highlighter: Of course I couldn't leave without testing out the signature Colourpop cream formula so I picked up two shades of their highlighters in Wisp and Lunch Money. Lunch Money is a soft light gold tone and is my favourite shade of the two as I find it a lot more wearable on my lighter skin tone than wisp which is a champagne-gold shade. The formula of these is difficult to describe, it's almost moussey however it's as light as a cloud and blends like a dream.
Overall I think the ColourPop ultra matte lips are quite comparable to the Kylie Lip kit's however I do find Kylie's range to be more long wearing (don't get me wrong, ColourPop is definitely long wearing, but slightly less than Kylie's). Comparing prices, I'd definitely recommend ColourPop as an alternative as obviously it's significantly cheaper. ColourPop also has hundreds of shades and formulas to choose from so I'm sure there will be one out there to suit every skin tone. As for the highlight shades, these are definitely my favourite cream compact highlighters that I've tried. If you're wondering whether to take the plunge into making an order from ColourPop, do it, you won't regret it!
I've read so much about colourpop lately but your round up has been the most useful! :) I love the look of the highlighters. Tempted to join you in a splurge..
I've read so much about colourpop lately but your round up has been the most useful! :) I love the look of the highlighters. Tempted to join you in a splurge..
ReplyDeleteAlice | Whiskey Jars Blog
yes! especially now that they've launched international shipping!
Delete