Recently I've been on a major hunt for some amazing drugstore highlighters however in Australia, I really struggled to find any that were light enough for my skin tone. Of the ones I found, none were as pigmented as I would've liked. Enter: BH Cosmetics Carli Bybel Palette. The palette has been out since roughly september 2015 so I am a little late on the bandwagon for this one however when I heard BH cosmetics were having a major sale I could not miss out on picking it up.
The palette includes 10 eyeshadow shades and 4 highlight shades. The range of highlight shades are designed to suit a wide range of skin tones and also double as eyeshadows if needed. Overall I'd say you get what you pay for, the formula is a little powdery, pigmentation isn't swoon-worthy and the packaging doesn't feel as luxurious as some others but considering the price you pay, the quality of the eyeshadows aren't bad (swatches below). The highlights though, WELL, they are hands down the best drugstore highlights I've found, so much so that I had to have them all on my face at once *starry eyes*
To create my mauve eyed look, I combined the third and fourth shades from the left in the top row in the crease, then used the deep purple from the top right corner to blend into the outer corner and also on the outer lower lash line. Taking the second shadows in from both rows on my finger and spraying it with a little BH Cosmetics setting spray, I then pat the shimmer in the centre of the lid and blended towards the inner corner. Lastly I took the second shade from the left in the second row and ran it in the lower lash line. To complete the look, I added some winged liner, a healthy coat of mascara and the Dani Beauty eye spy lashes in admirer.
If you wanted to pick up the palette, It's currently on sale here for almost 30% off!
I've heard so much about the Carli Bybel palette and I have to say it really does look stunning and those highlighters look incredble!
ReplyDelete- Olivia Xxx
http://oliviaxalesha.com/blog/
P.S: I love the eye makeup look that you created with the palette!
Thankyou! It's a fantastic palette especially for the price! x
Delete