Recently I stumbled across yesstyle, an asian website that sells everything from cosmetics to clothing. Having heard some good reviews about asian beauty, I decided to pick up a few things to see for myself.
Toly Moly Lovely Eyebrow Pencil: Now don't get me wrong here, the formula and shape of this eyebrow pencil is fantastic but the colour...well let's just say it's not the one for me. I ordered the shade brown and it was wayyyy too warm toned for my brows. I think this particular shade range would suit asian complexions a lot better than it suited me and I will be giving this one away.
Cushion Tint Professional Lip & Cheek Tint in Nude Coral: When browsing through the yesstyle website, I couldn't help but notice that this packaging is almost identical to that of the Perricone MD no blush blush which retails for about 5 times the price of this. As a cheek product, it is nice. It blends quite nicely and is fairly subtle which I like. As a lip tint though, it's disastrous. The doe foot looked promising but on the lips it looks tacky; it's sticky, smudgey and downright horrendous.
Left: Blended as a cheek tint, Right: as a lip tint
The Face Shop Air Cotton Makeup Base: This is a green primer designed for neutralising redness. I am actually Very impressed by this primer. It blends seamlessly, doesn't leave green patches and actually works really well at reducing redness. The formula and scent do remind me a little of face sunscreen but maybe that's because it is spf 30. This primer is definitely the item I'm most impressed with from this purchase. It's also a bargain at only $9.81 AUD!
Litfly Cosmetics Cotton Masks: These are literally DIY sheet masks. The idea behind it is that you add your own concoction of serums, moisturisers or essential oils to create your own sheet mask. Initially once you take them out of their little pink packets they look like little cotton discs but don't be fooled, once you apply liquid they quickly expand to give a more recognisable sheet mask appearance. I thought these were a really cool way to use up some of my products that don't seem to get enough use and for $9.80 AUD for 50 masks, they're also great value.
Natural Charcoal Konjac Sponge: I've heard alot of hype about konjac sponges recently so decided to take the plunge and pick one up myself. These bad boys claim to balance sebum levels by gently exfoliating skin and refining pores. The feeling of using these is unlike anything else I've tried. When I got it out of the packet it looked like it could pass as something you get dead skin off your feet with but once it's wet it expands just like a beauty blender would do. The konjac sponge is super gentle on the skin and it almost feels slimy as it cleans. Either way, I totally recommend it even if it is just for the experience.
Big Beaute False Lashes (5 Pairs): These lashes look totally natural and I'm excited to check them out. I think they would be perfect for a simple date night and for $4.75 for 5 pairs you couldn't really go wrong!
Has anyone tried any of these products or have any Asian beauty products they would recommend? Let me know in the comments!