MAC Haul!

/
4 Comments

Hey lovelies! 

Recently my sister went to America so I sent her off with a list for MAC and this is what she came back with.


MAC Strobe cream: This product has literally been on my makeup list for years. I've heard a lot of people raving about how good of a product this was and how glowy it makes your skin look so I was keen to pick this up. This product boasts to be hydrating and luminising and for me that is like music to a dry girls ears. I did only grab the small size first just to try and see how I like it before going all out and grabbing the bigger size but I'm very excited to test it out.




MAC Cream Colour Base in Shell: I first discovered this product through youtube when I heard someone going on about how it was a fantastic multipurpose product. This peachy champagne toned product can not only be used as an eye base, but also as a cream highlight.






Shell swatch with flash


Mac Blue Brown Pigment: I am obsessed with pigments. I feel like they give fantastic colour pay off and can really change a look. MAC blue brown is a classic and I'm sure you would've heard of it before. It's a duochrome shimmery shade and just like the name suggests, is brown in some lights and blue in others.

Blue Brown Swatch with flash
Blue Brown Swatch

Now onto the best part...Lips!
Lip pencils in edge to edge and soar: both pink shades, however soar is a little darker and more brown toned. I usually find that the formula of the MAC lipliners can be a little dry and this is the case with edge to edge but for some reason soar is magnificently creamy and feels a lot more like the formula of the prolongwear lip pencils which I love.


Top: Edge to edge, Bottom: Soar

Lipsticks in Honeylove, Brave, Whirl and Captive: A girl can never have too many lipsticks right? (that is what I'll keep telling myself to justify purchasing more). These shades are stunning. Having never tried any of these shades on my lips before I was basing my choices on online swatches and things friends have said. A close friend mentioned to me that Honeylove was her favourite MAC lipstick that she owned and well...that was enough to convince me. Honeylove is a matte formula and I find on my lips it's lighter than velvet teddy (which shows up super brown on me) but less coral toned than kinda sexy.

Brave and captive are satin formulas, which I'd never actually tried before. Both are very comfortable on the lips and kind of look like a cremesheen with a little more shine. Brave is a gorgeous nude pink which goes great with the edge to edge lip pencil and captive is a deeper plum toned pink that is great which would be a fantastic fall/winter shade if you weren't feeling like going down the darker diva or rebel road. 

Whirl is another matte formula (my favourite). Dubbed the "kylie jenner" shade, it's a browny nude which I purely bought based on the hype. I was going to also pick up the matching lip liner but I'm glad I didn't because I think it looks amazing with soar.


Left to Right: Honey-Love, Brave, Whirl, Captive
Left to right: Captive, Whirl, Brave, Honeylove, Soar lip pencil, Edge to Edge Lip Pencil

Have you tried any of these products? Whats your favourite MAC product? Let me know in the comments!


You may also like

4 comments:

  1. I'm jealous! I'm such a huge mac fan myself, their lip pencils and lipstics are the best. And there are no such thing as too many lipstics ;)
    Have a great week babe.
    Xx Josette
    www.josies.nu

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank! You are right! A girl can never have too many ;) x

      Delete
  2. I love Mac so much.. Such gorgeous products 😍 xx

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.