It's that time of year again....end of year exam time is upon us! (ugh)
So. Much. Study. So. Little. Time.
If you're like me and pretty much everyone else, you die a little inside when exams get near. So when my stress levels are topping world record highs because I realise I haven't studied all semester I like to implement a few little de-stress plans/tips/tricks/things. I'm not calling myself a miraculous healer or anything, but hey, I try.
1. Breathe. This is probably my most used trick to de-stress. Whether it be whilst studying, mid exam or just when I get a little stressed out at life it's always good to take a step back, close your eyes and take a couple of deep breaths. I find it really helps me to think clearer and brings me back to the present moment (maybe she's born wit it, maybe it's just extra oxygen to the brain).
2. Take a walk. I find walking or any form of general exercise great to get me out of writer's block. Not only does it allow me to get away from my desk and computer, I also find that when I come back (eventually) I have a new found motivation to study.
3. Light a candle. I love to light candles when I work (and when I don't). I feel so much more productive when there is a candle burning in my room. My current favourite is this.
4. Have a cup of tea. The hot goodness warms your soul and relieves any guilt you may have about not starting study sooner. My two favourites are this and this.
5. Get a good nights sleep. Whether it be the night before an exam or throughout the entire exam period it is important to let your body rest adequately. A poor sleep will also no doubt affect your mood and therefore stress levels the next day. I am addicted to the Deep Sleep Pillow Spray by This Works during exam time. I spray the blend of essential oils over my pillow just before I go to sleep and I am out like a light as soon as I hit the pillow. No more contemplating life before you fall asleep.
6. Mindset. I like to imagine stressful situations as clouds in the sky. They are always moving, so is life. Some clouds are bigger than others and some are so big you can't always see their end but eventually, they will all pass.
One, you are adorable. Two, this blog post is a suuuuper helpful reminder to chill out during stressful times. Though I’ve been out of univ. for a while, I find myself feeling exam time-level stress when I have a big project or presentation due soon. Thanks for the reminder to relax!
Also, I’m in la-la-love with your blog. Thanks for being such an inspiration to live creatively, positively, and gracefully.
I nominated you for a Liebster Award: https://thelittleredcanvas.squarespace.com/blog/liebster-award
One, you are adorable. Two, this blog post is a suuuuper helpful reminder to chill out during stressful times. Though I’ve been out of univ. for a while, I find myself feeling exam time-level stress when I have a big project or presentation due soon. Thanks for the reminder to relax!
ReplyDeleteAlso, I’m in la-la-love with your blog. Thanks for being such an inspiration to live creatively, positively, and gracefully.
I nominated you for a Liebster Award: https://thelittleredcanvas.squarespace.com/blog/liebster-award
Thanks again- keep the posts coming!
--Lianne | www.littleredcanvas.com
Thankyou means a lot! I've just done my post on the Liebster award, Thanks for the nomination x
Delete