I'm not going to lie here, the only reason I picked this mask up in the first place was to get my shopping cart up to the amount to receive free shipping (and because I've seen people looking absolutely ridiculous with these things on and I wanted to be part of the club). I decided on the pomegranate mask that claimed to be antioxidant-containing and energising to give my skin a boost after exams and because pomegranates are yummy.
The packaging is very pretty and I think a big selling point for these products. Also the price was not too bad either (It's probably the cheapest thing you could get out of Sephora with). I would like to boast about all the great ingredients in this but the only ingredient in english I could see was pomegranate extract and the rest was in a language that I don't understand (luckily inside had some english instructions).
The instructions seemed easy enough so I got straight to it. Upon opening the little foil sachet and out came the mask. See I was expecting something with the same sort of feel as a face wipe or those wipes kfc gives you to freshen up after your meal but this was saturated with their little mixture of ingredients that I couldn't understand and I was kind of wondering whether it would drip off my face altogether and end up in a blob on the floor but that didn't happen (thank god). The smell was pleasant - quite fresh and a little fruity, not off putting at all.
The mask itself is quite big, there was plenty of space for my double chin and half my ears to also experience this wonderful energising goodness. I did find that it was a little big around the mouth hole but that was probably because I was opening it a lot and laughing at how ridiculous I looked and then probably stretched it.
I was under the impression that for some reason the sheet mask would dry and that would be my queue to take it off. The instructions said leave it on for 15 minutes and here I was almost 30 minutes later wondering why it wasn't dry yet. I wasn't experiencing any irritation leaving it on longer than instructed but I decided that I'd had enough of this sheet mask and wanted to look at the after effects. My skin was visibly brighter, tighter and more radiant. Overall I was impressed with my results and the way my skin looked and felt.
Upon reading reviews and seeing photos of american Sephora packaging (where the instructions are in english) it says you're meant to massage in the remaining product which I didn't do because that part wasn't in english but hey, it was an experience I'd definitely do again.
Have you tried this mask or any fantastic sheet masks? Let me know in the comments below
I've really wanted to get into sheet masks and now you've inspired me to take the plunge.
ReplyDeletehttp://themakeup-gypsy.blogspot.com.au/